blob: 5e663cbe4a33de01d1117c85ac85ef3a0528f663 (plain
Avahi 0.2, the 'Dzień Dobry' release
* Unfortunately this release broke the API/ABI of libavahi-client
with the following function removals
Removal of these functions may affect users of the 0.1 API
The following functions were simply for debugging information
and their removal should not affect anyone
Note that while the libavahi-client API changed slightly, the DBUS
API itself has only had additions and no existing definitions
* avahi-daemon will now ignore local IP addresses with the "link" scope
unless it is the only IP address on the interface.
* avahi-daemon will no longer fail to start if D-BUS is not
available (if configured with enable-dbus=warn)
* Fixed a potential crasher when resolving things in libavahi-core.
* New example demonstrating integration into glib applications
* Addition new convenience AvahiStringList functions
* Fixed a typo in avahi-glib.pc that stopped programs using
the GLIB api from compiling correctly
* A critical bug in the reflector was fixed where it may go into a
state of constantly flooding queries out to the network.
* Introduced new asynchronous resolver API
* libavahi-client gained an API for resolving HostNames and Addresses
in addition to the ServiceResolver provided in 0.1
* Added support for Arch and Gentoo linux distributions.
* Allowed configuration on non-supported distributions
* Fixed a critical bug where you cannot use more than one AvahiClient
or use it in an application already using D-BUS
* Fixed assembly of empty string lists to RFC compliant TXT records
* Added a new service type description database with human
understandable descriptions of services and translations.
* Fixed various minor memory corruption bugs
* Fixed an issue where Avahi might think it encountered a conflict
if the process or machine has been suspended
* Fixed compilation and runtime issues on 64-bit distributions