Diffstat (limited to 'reserve.txt')
1 files changed, 6 insertions, 11 deletions
diff --git a/reserve.txt b/reserve.txt
index d25989c..0006a6a 100644
@@ -37,7 +37,7 @@ INTERFACE DEFINITION
- BOOL RequestRelease(INT32 priority, BOOL show_ui) (mandatory)
+ BOOL RequestRelease(INT32 priority) (mandatory)
Ask the current owner of the device to release
the device for take-over. The application
@@ -51,16 +51,12 @@ INTERFACE DEFINITION
the service should return FALSE and do nothing
- If show_ui is TRUE the current owner may
- release the device after some form of user
- interaction. If show_ui is FALSE the current
- owner must reply quickly and without user
The current owner doesn't need to base its
decision whether to return TRUE or FALSE
solely on the value of priority. It may take
- other facts into consideration.
+ other facts into consideration. However this
+ function is supposed to return quickly,
+ i.e. no user interaction shall be involved.
INT32 Priority (optional)
@@ -130,10 +126,9 @@ LOGIC
further access to the device.
An application shall watch for
- org.freedesktop.DBus.NameOwnerChanged signals and give up
+ org.freedesktop.DBus.LostName signals and give up
device access in case its service name is forcibly taken
- away. This signal may also be used to monitor which
- application currently owns the audio device.
While an application holds the service name it may exclusively
access the device. It doesn't need to always keep it open