This file is part of PulseAudio.
Copyright 2009 Tanu Kaskinen
PulseAudio is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published
by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2.1 of the License,
or (at your option) any later version.
PulseAudio is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU
General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public License
along with PulseAudio; if not, write to the Free Software
Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307
#define PA_DBUS_DEFAULT_PORT 24883
#define PA_DBUS_SOCKET_NAME "dbus-socket"
#define PA_DBUS_SYSTEM_SOCKET_PATH PA_SYSTEM_RUNTIME_PATH PA_PATH_SEP PA_DBUS_SOCKET_NAME
#define PA_DBUS_ERROR_NO_SUCH_PROPERTY "org.PulseAudio.Core1.NoSuchPropertyError"
/* NOTE: These functions may only be called from the main thread. */
/* Returns the default address of the server type in the escaped form. For
* PA_SERVER_TYPE_NONE an empty string is returned. The caller frees the
* string. This function may fail in some rare cases, in which case NULL is
* returned. */
char *pa_get_dbus_address_from_server_type(pa_server_type_t server_type);
/* Registers the given interface to the given object path. This is additive: it
* doesn't matter whether or not the object has already been registered; if it
* is, then its interface set is just extended.
* Introspection requests are handled automatically. For that to work, the
* caller gives an XML snippet containing the interface introspection element.
* All interface snippets are automatically combined to provide the final
* introspection string for the object.
* The introspection snippet contains the interface name, the property names
* and the method namess, but since this function doesn't do XML parsing, the
* information needs to be given separately. Property and method names are
* given as a NULL-terminated array of strings. The interface name is used for
* message routing, and so are the property and method names too in case the
* client doesn't tell which interface he's trying to access; in absence of
* interface information from the client, the correct interface is searched
* based on the property or method name.
* Fails and returns a negative number if the object already has the interface
* registered. */
int pa_dbus_add_interface(pa_core *c,
const char* path,
const char* interface,
const char * const *properties,
const char * const *methods,
const char* introspection_snippet,
/* Returns a negative number if the given object doesn't have the given
* interface registered. */
int pa_dbus_remove_interface(pa_core *c, const char* path, const char* interface);
/* Fails and returns a negative number if the connection is already
* registered. */
int pa_dbus_register_connection(pa_core *c, DBusConnection *conn);
/* Returns a negative number if the connection wasn't registered. */
int pa_dbus_unregister_connection(pa_core *c, DBusConnection *conn);