blob: f579bebe3b8a1220d331dc233675a9ab2beb8c72 (plain
*** $Id$ ***
- Remove symdef files and use macros (like most other projects)
- Use own name mangling scheme instead of ltdl's, which will eliminate the
need for .la files or extra trickery.
- rtp module ported to Win32 (sendmsg/recvmsg emulation)
- iconv stuff sent from utils to server (UTF-8)
- iconv sample loading in server
- Document utf8.h, timeval.h and util.h
- gettextify pulseaudio
- drop dependency of libpolyp on libX11, instead use an external mini binary
- module-tunnel: improve latency calculation
- use software volume when hardware doesn't support all channels (alsa done)
- using POSIX monotonous clocks wherever possible instead of gettimeofday()
- key rings for auth
- challenge response auth
- sasl auth
- alsa driver with hw mixing
- "window manager for sound"
- use scatter/gather io for sockets
- CODECs to reduce bandwidth usage (plug-in based)
- multiline configuration statements
- paplay needs to set a channel map. our default is only correct for AIFF.
(we need help from libsndfile for this)
- Fix a way for the threading API to handle state and subscription callbacks
in a nice way.
- examine if it is possible to mimic esd's handling of half duplex cards
(switch to capture when a recording client connects and drop playback during
- Support for device selection in waveout driver
- add an API to libpulse for allocating memory from the pa_context memory pool
- allow buffer metric changes during runtime
- better ".include" command in configuration files. should have glob support.
- recursive .if
- pass meta info for hearing impaired
- X11: support for the X11 synchronization extension
- portaudio (semi-done)
- xine (needs update)